Join the Australian Forestry FSC cluster group
The Cluster group of Australian FSC certified companies formed in 2005 around the issue of the FSC Pesticides policy.
Kevin O’Grady of Pinnacle Quality coordinated the group which grew to be a wider cluster group of over 20 companies and organizations wishing to follow Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) issues from the perspective of forest management certificate holders. The success of this group is based on the fact that most companies are too small or don’t have the expertise in house to follow the FSC and to understand the implications of new standards and policies on their business.
FSC chain of custody group
Australian Forestry Cluster Group A$880 inc GST for one year’s subscription.
The Cluster group of Australian FSC certified companies formed in 2005 around the issue of the FSC Pesticides policy. Kevin O’Grady of Pinnacle Quality coordinated the group which grew to be a wider cluster group of over 20 companies and organizations wishing to follow Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) issues from the perspective of forest management certificate holders.
What is included
- Follow and report on developments as they occur from FSC International with comments on the implications on companies.
- On call / e mail advice on issues like requirements of corrective actions at audit and respond to network participants Ad hoc questions and advice on the implications of FSC policy, standards and issues.
- Free access to simple forms and formats for writing systems to meet FSC requirements e.g. social impact assessment, Rapid assessment tools for HCV and formats for managing FSC credits.
- Coordination with the CANZUS group
- A chance to coordinate with other members on issues and submissions
- Submissions on behalf of the group (one per year)
- Discounted rates for larger jobs like appeals on audit decisions and development of documents and plans to meet FSC audit requirements.
What people say about the FSC cluster groups
The Australian cluster group, developed and coordinated by Pinnacle Quality, provides an excellent conduit for up to date information and upcoming events within FSC at both an International and Australian level. Pinnacle are adept at providing clear and concise information on implications of new standards and policies, as they apply to respective organisations. One of the clear benefits is also the ability to access quality, expert and accurate advice on FSC related items on-call, which has proven very valuable in dealing with the complexity of the FSC system.
– Suzette Weeding Assistant General Manager Certification.
Kevin OGrady of Pinnacle Quality has provided valuable FSC-related advice and assistance to Australian Paper for over 5 years. This has included advice in Forest Management matters (Company Controlled Wood in particular), FSC Chain of Custody, and FSC (Australia and International) policy and procedures. We have found Kevin OGrady to be very objective, knowledgeable, able to provide practical assistance and well-regarded both in Australia and within FSC International. Kevin has fairly represented our best interests with FSC International (e.g. Recycled Standard definitions) and has provided a valuable service in alerting us to imminent changes potentially affecting our certification, as well as practical advice, where requested, on how to address same. Kevin has also provided direct guidance and objective facilitation in some sensitive stakeholder consultations.
– Julian Mathers General Manager Packaging, Procurement & External Relations
Australian Paper Ltd
Pinnacle Quality have been a wealth of knowledge around FSC issues and developments – both Forest Management and Chain of Custody – for Norske Skog Boyer since joining the cluster group of Australian FSC certified companies in 2011. Kevin has always made himself available – often at short notice – and his advice has always been very helpful.
– Alex Bradley. Forest Certification Coordinator,